Thomas M. Donahoo
t: (904) 354-8080
Thomas M. Donahoo focuses on Federal income, estate and gift tax law, with an emphasis in tax planning for estates, trusts and wills. He also advises on the choice of tax entity and tax planning for corporations and partnerships. Tom is formerly board certified in taxation by the Florida Bar, and he is only one of seven attorneys in Jacksonville who are Fellows in the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. He is the majority shareholder of the firm.
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
Tom joined the law firm in 1966 as an associate. He was made a partner in 1969, and since 1990 he has been the firm’s majority shareholder.
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Thomas Donahoo is only one of seven ACTEC Fellows in Jacksonville, and only one of 2,600 in the U. S. The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) is a national organization of lawyers elected to membership by demonstrating the highest level of integrity, commitment to the profession, and competence and experience as trust and estate counselors.
- Formerly Florida Bar Board Certification in Taxation (1983-2013), original class
- Selected as Leading American Attorney by American Research Corp.
- Member of Florida’s Best Lawyers Association
- Member of Florida’s Super Lawyers Organization
- Member of Jacksonville’s Best Lawyers
- Member of Best Lawyers, Inc.
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section (Past Chair), Certification Committee (Past Chair)
- The Jacksonville Bar Association, Tax Section (Past Chair)
- The Florida Bar
- The Alabama Bar
- New York University Law School, LL. M. in Taxation
- Cumberland School of Law of Samford University, J. D.
- University of Florida, B. S. B. A.
- Board of Trustees of Jacksonville University (30 years)
- President of Gator Boosters, Inc. , University of Florida
- Director of University Athletic Association, University of Florida
- Director of University of Florida Foundation
- Trustee of Episcopal School of Jacksonville
- Trustee of Episcopal School of Jacksonville Foundation, Inc.
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Day School: Founder, Trustee, Chairman
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church Vestry, Senior Warden and Foundation Chairman
OUTSIDE OF THE OFFICE
Tom and his wife, Hazel, enjoy spending time at their lake cottage with their grandchildren.Here’s why the science of sleep the american academy of pediatrics says that sleep deprivation is a rampant problem among the nation’s school-aged children.