William B. McMenamy
t: (904) 354-8080
William B. McMenamy is an attorney (J.D.) and a former practicing certified public accountant (CPA) and is board certified in taxation by the Florida Bar. Bill focuses on individual and fiduciary income, estate, gift and generation-skipping taxation, and represents clients before the IRS and Florida Department of Revenue. He has also lectured on estate planning and taxation topics to professional and public groups on many occasions.
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
Prior to joining Donahoo & McMenamy in 1986, Bill spent more than six years with the international accounting firm of Touche Ross & Co., now known as Deloitte & Touche, LLP.
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Florida Bar Board Certification in Taxation
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- The Jacksonville Bar Association, Tax Section (Past President)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Catholic Lawyers Guild, St. Augustine Diocese
- Estate Planning Council of Northeast Florida
- The Florida Bar
- Certified Public Accountant, Florida
- Creighton University, J.D.
- Creighton University, B.S.B.A.
- Florida Bar, Fourth Judicial Circuit, Grievance Committee
- Bishop Kenny High School, John A. Baldwin Scholarship Committee
- Jacksonville Quarterback Club, Board Member and Past President
- Jacksonville Quarterback Club Foundation, Board Member
- Team Focus volunteer
- NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship Tournament, Committee Member, 2006, 2010, 2015 and 2019 First/Second Rounds, Jacksonville, Florida
OUTSIDE OF THE OFFICE
An avid fisherman, Bill tries to “wet a line” at every possible opportunity to enjoy the great saltwater fishing available in Northeast Florida. Bill and his wife, Debbie, enjoy living in Atlantic Beach, participating in beach events and are actively involved in St. Paul’s Catholic Church in Jacksonville Beach, Florida.